Web services user guideVersion: 9.9.1
The ABN Lookup web services allow you to incorporate ABN information and search capabilities into your own applications. There are many uses for the web services, including:
- ABN validation and pre-fill on forms
- Keeping ABN details stored in your database up-to-date
The web services provide a number of search options that are not available through the ABN Lookup website. For example, through the web services you can:
- Request a list of ABNs for a selected postcode with optional filters such as date updated, date registered, etc.
- Control how many matching names are returned by the name search.
- Create advanced name search queries to better control search results
Important: We recommend that you avoid using trading names as these have not been updated since 2012 and will be retired on 1 November 2023.
Use the links below for information on:
- Registering for access to the ABN Lookup web services
- Web services methods available
- Web services responses returned
- Exceptions returned by the ABN Lookup web services
- Reference data for a list of codes and descriptions
- Data dictionary for a summary of data types and lengths
- Sample code and resources to help you get started
- Change control